Pageviews last month

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Sunflower Painting



If you read my blog "The Sunflower" you will appreciate this painting. I was searching for a piece of art for my living room and nothing really seemed to fit.   It was serendipitous  I met Mark Jesinoski, one of the most gifted artists I know, at a Junior League fundraiser.  I admired his style so I immediately struck up a conversation with him about his work. I specifically recall asking him if he had any predominately purple paintings.  One thing led to another and the next thing I knew he was at my house checking out the space I where I wanted to feature the painting.

Long story short, I commissioned Mark to develop this piece. My only requirements the painting needed to have a sunflower with a ladybug on it and it needed to match the "purple surf" wall in my living room.  Mark read my blog for inspiration and this is what he created, the picture doesn't do it justice. It turned out to be more beautiful than I ever imagined.


References

Blog:  The Sunflower 

Artist: Mark Jesinoski


No comments:

Post a Comment