Pageviews last month

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Boy Shorts and Pasties!?!

A little peak into a Saturday evening of a single 41 year old woman in San Diego....

If this were a movie you would see "A month ago..." flash on the screen.  Images of a happy couple laughing, holding hands walking up to Casa Milagro (the miracle house of my dear friend Lori) for an fun filled evening of music, food, friends, and dancing would appear on the screen.  Everyone would be intrigued by the handsome, strong man with beautiful blue eyes by my side as it was quite the rare occasion.  As soon as he left my side, my friends would sneak up and whisper in my ear how he seemed so attentive and happy.

As the story unfolded you would suddenly hear the screech, you know the dreaded sound like a record being stopped in mid song.  You would see me preparing for my Saturday night  adventure sans Mr. GC (Greek Chicken was our name for him...a whole other chapter to be told later).  Lori would be busily preparing for another fun filled Milagro Night and I would be sitting on my couch texting Claudine like two teenagers.  The oooos and ahhhs and ooohhs over the images she was sending me of the adorable black mini skirt and sassy red shoes she was planning to wear.  With the wound so fresh in my mind I couldn't bare the thought of explaining to all of my friends why I was flying solo yet once again, I needed a back up plan. We were plotting our night at Croce's in the heart of Downtown San Diego to hear  the Eve Selis band play, one of my absolute favorites.  An evening of something familiar and inspiration was what I needed.

What would I wear?  I took a few options out of my closet.  The long black form fitting maxi dress with the open back that I had purchased the previous weekend during my Sunday adventure to the Hillcrest Farmer's market was perfect.  It definitely highlighted my curves in all of the right places as if saying to the world this girl is strong, flirty, sexy and fun.  Every detail had to be just right to pull it off.  Feeling a little sassy and brave I went riffling through all of my drawers. I knew I had bought a pair of pasties and this was the perfect dress to wear them with.  After minutes of searching I finally found them.  I pulled out the directions.  Step 1, choose your cup size.  Cup size?  WTH?  How was I supposed to do that?  There weren't any labels just various sizes of soft sheets of peel and stick tape.  Giving it the ol' college try I picked a size and without going through too many more details I followed the directions and they were in place.

Hair and make up complete, I looked at myself one last time in the mirror checking every angle making sure I wouldn't have a dreaded wardrobe snafu.  Knowing even though the material of my dress was dark, it was still thin, I wanted to make sure my boy shorts adequately covered all of the right places.The modest Catholic girl in me panicked once I caught a brief glimpse of skin underneath the dress.  Oh no, in just the right light with the right angle I realized everyone could see right through me.  Even worse, apparently there's an art form to applying pasties that I didn't have.  Knowing it didn't matter how dark it was going to be I couldn't leave the house nearly naked and lopsided.  I grabbed my much needed security...a long black slip and black strapless bra out of the drawer.

Feeling confident and shielded I grabbed my keys and was out the door to pick up Claudine for our adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment